But when I am ornery, grumpy, and oh so hard to live with, I can get pretty nasty... and venting on my blog doesn't help my case. So I made a rule a few years back, that if I want to keep my friends, I need to NOT blog on those really bad days. Then when it's all over and I can laugh about it, THEN I can blog about it and put my positive twist on it.
These last few weeks, have been real downers for me. And I can count many reasons I have been in a peevish mood. Should I share? Okay, you talked me into it!
|Nephi... my favorite 5 year old!|
2. Homework time with Nephi. This goes with #1 stress out. Nephi just can't sit down and do his homework -- he just sits there and stares at it all night. Oh, he knows how to do it... if I dangle a treat or another motivation in front of his face he does his homework lickity-split! But I shouldn't have to bribe him EVERY single day! And I shouldn't have to sit there and hold his hand... which I end up doing most days. I hate homework time. I lose hair over homework time. It sucks.
3. I can't finish of my Nephi-issues without mentioning the poop. He gets so distracted, that he poops his pants. Then he panics and hides the offending underwear in hiddy-holes around the house. After I chewed him out about it a million times -- I mean HELLO! Who wants to find little poopy presents around their house? Not to mention that it smells like poop ALL the time! -- he started to hide them in the hamper instead. I just figured this out yesterday when I pulled out a load of "clean" laundry out of the dryer and spotted something suspicious on the bottom of the dryer. I thought they were little rocks. But when I gathered them up, I realized they were "petrified raisins"! At first I thought one of the boys put raisins in their pocket and it went through the wash... then I realized that the only way Nephi gets raisins is in his morning cereal. Oh. My. Nastiness! I had to do the sniff test just to confirm my worst fears. Yep. They smelled like poop. All those clean clothes did a quick return to washer.
|Boys playing in the snow|
5. Irritating people all around. Normally, I don't let people get to me. And when I am feeling "sensitive" I purposely stay away from places I know they lurk. For example: I hate going to the school to pick up Sam in the afternoon. The other parents get pushy and rude and I try to be all considerate and thoughtful and let people in when I can... but when it comes to picking up the kiddo's it is every parent for themselves and Karma is ALWAYS bad. When we get home, I am fuming. Like every day! And the icy roads make the jerks even worse! Then there are always those 1 or 2 or 100 Facebook friends that really know how to rub you the wrong way. I hate to unfriend them... because in person, they are really great! But something evil comes out of them when they get online... what's up with that? I try to stay away from Facebook on my bad days, I never know what I might say that will cause issues... and I don't like causing issues. But more than once I REALLY want to comment, "Can you get any stupider!? Seriously?" or "What were you thinking when you posted that!?" But I am just too nice... even on my peevish days. (Note: if you are reading this, you most likely aren't one of those friends of mine... so don't worry, I honestly don't think they read this blog)
|Ben looking studly in the beard I made.|
7. My stupid asthma + below zero weather = a really unhappy mommy who hasn't gotten very much sleep these last few weeks.
8. And I have to say that my biggest stress has been money. It's been really tough to finance Ben's LAST semester of school. It's like everything is stacked against us! But it will work out, I know it... just a few more months to go! We have stuck it out for 8 years, we can do it for a little bit longer!
So, if you were at all wondering where I have been the last few weeks, I have been around... stewing mostly. BUT I have pulled myself out of the slump (mostly) and I know that things are going to be all right. I have made some great goals for this year and I know I can do it!
I will not be grumpy anymore... unless Nephi poops his pants again... For some reason, I just can't see the silver lining to that one...
Well, here's to a better, and much happier week!
PS the winner of the Origami Owl hasn't contacted me yet! Or if you have, it may have gone to spam, so please try again! Thanks!!